Reflection on Lesson taken on 20th October,
2021.
I taught Mathematics lesson on topic ‘Data and
Probability’ on October 20, 2021 to Class PP A. The sub topic was on Bar graph using Power Point Presentation (PPT). As
usual, the main activities of the day were done after their circle time
(greeting, writing the date and weather recognition). Although it was a new
topic for the students, I pre-planned well and executed the lesson smoothly.
The lesson began with asking questions to the students
on concept, meaning of bar graph and after that I showed them educational video
on bar graphs for one to two minutes. After
showing the educational video, lesson continued with follow up questions on the
video lesson topic. I asked those questions like what is graph, how many
children liked an apple, etc. Students were made to study the graph shown on
the whiteboard through the PPT slide and were asked to identify each result. If
they didn’t know the answer, they were made to asked their sitting partners or
just study the slide shown on the white board. After that they were made to identify
the children’s favorite fruit that appears on the PPT slide.
My original plan was not going as per my planning.
Firstly, the topic was very new to students and secondly all four groups could
not perform well. Among four groups, two groups needed more attention and I had
to make some changes for them. I paired the children and work with one pair at
the time. That seemed to be turned effective. I try to paired students
according to various student abilities. This worked well because mixing of different
able students could lead to effective learning among the students.
Students were instructed to plot a graph. Having been working
with these students for almost a year, I knew very well about their abilities. I
knew that some of the children would have spent hard time getting all the new
concepts about the topic, recognizing and remembering new words.
Although class was well-organized, there were still some
rooms for improvement. There is need for short and precise instruction for
Pre-Primary children (Class PP). Instructions seem to be lengthy for lower
class students. I also felt speaking full sentences in both the language is
important. Incomplete sentences may hamper the children’s future of learning languages.
There is need for encouragement to children to speak in full sentences in the
class.
Class participation was appreciated and activities
were interesting as it was to the level of the students. All students were
engaged and enjoyed doing class activity like coloring and writing numbers with
pictorial form. Lesson closure was interesting as all the questions were
distributed equally among the groups based on equal gender. Sample activities.
Activities
One


No comments:
Post a Comment